Blizzcon ’09 Part One
There are over 20,000 people attending Blizzcon 2009 including millions? online too.
I am not attending Blizzcon this year sadly but I’ve been watching it all day thanks to the online-stream service! For only $40 you get access to 18+ hours of live Blizzcon plus the Grunty murloc marine pet. Today was the first day of two for Blizzcon and I definitively do not regret buying the online-stream.
There were a lot of cool costumes for the contest and the dance contest is still in progress as I post this. Some were great but there others just didn’t ‘have it’.
- Soul Shards are no longer in your bags. The goal is to make them fun, not a hassle.
- Soul Shards will be integrated to the user interface. (Just like Death Knight runes)
- You get three shards per fight, they will regen very quickly out of combat.
- It will be possible to get more for long fights or mistakes through Drain Soul.
- Soul Burn (New Spell) : Cost 1 Shard, 30 sec cooldown, off the GCD. Empowers your next spell, many (not all spells) behave differently when empowered.
- They are only used in combat, summons or demons won’t use your shards.